(gluten-free) Breaded baked cod bites
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: bake entree gluten-free low-carb sugar-free fish egg
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 1 pound / 450 g skinless Pacific cod fillet (or similar fish)
- 1 large egg, possibly from pastured poultry
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 tablespoons / 30 g ground flaxseed
- 4 tablespoons / 20 g hemp hearts (raw shelled hemp seeds)
- 20 g freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided in half
Heat oven to 400 F / 205 C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a bowl, whisk egg with the water and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
In another bowl, mix the breading ingredients: ground flaxseed, hemp hearts, cheese and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces, add them to the bowl with the egg and stir well to coat.
Roll the pieces of fish in the breading then lay onto the lined baking sheet to form a single layer.
Bake 10 minutes, then turn over the fish. Bake another 10 minutes or until the cod flakes easily with a fork and the breading is crisp.