Chia pudding with blueberries
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Rest Time: several hours to overnight
Keywords: breakfast dessert gluten-free low-carb soy-free sugar-free vegetarian vegan chia seeds cashew milk blueberries almonds
Ingredients (per portion, to be multiplied as needed)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons monk fruit sweetener, golden or classic (the brand I use contains erythritol)
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml unsweetened cashew only milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh blueberries, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted in a dry skillet
The evening or several hours before you plan to eat the pudding, place the chia seeds and sweetener in a ramekin or serving glass. Add the cashew milk and vanilla extract and stir well. Let stand for 5-10 minutes, stir again, then cover and refrigerate.
Take the pudding out of the refrigerator ahead of time so that, by the time you eat it, its temperature will be of your liking. (For me that is a good hour.)
Wash a handful of blueberries, then spread them on a clean kitchen towel to absorb the water. Decorate the pudding with the blueberries and sliced almonds and serve.