Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes total
Keywords: side gluten-free low-carb nut-free sugar-free soy-free cauliflower egg anchovies Italian
Ingredients (Serves 3)
- 1 medium cauliflower, possibly organic (1 pound 2 ounces / 500 grams clean weight)
- 2-3 tablespoons / 30-45 ml extra-virgin olive oil (original recipe: 3 1/2 tablespoons / 50 grams unsalted butter)
- 2 ounces / 56 grams Grana Padano, freshly grated (see Note below)
For the sauce
- 1 hard-boiled egg (original recipe: 2 eggs)
- 2 small anchovy fillets in olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (OR fresh dill, my idea)
- 1/2-1 tablespoon / 7.5-15 ml extra-virgin olive oil (original recipe: 2 tablespoons / 30 grams unsalted butter, melted)
- 1 teaspoon / 5 ml fresh lemon juice
Note: it's hard for me to find Grana Padano, so I use a locally made cheese.
Hard-boil the egg and set it aside.
Trim the cauliflower and cut it into bite-sized florets. Steam the florets for about 10 minutes, until just tender. (The tender, inner leaves and the stalk, peeled and cut crosswise into coins can be used in other recipes.)
Heat the oven to 350 F / 177 C.
Heat up the olive oil or butter in a skillet and add the cauliflower. Sauté for a few minutes stirring constantly.
Transfer the cauliflower into a baking dish a sprinkle the cheese on top. Stir briefly and delicately.
Bake for 9-10 minutes.
In the meantime, peel the hard-boiled egg, mince it in a small bowl, then add the anchovies, minced, and the parsley or dill. Drizzle the olive oil or melted butter, season with the lemon juice and stir well.
Take the dish out of the oven and distribute the sauce on the cauliflower. Serve immediately.