Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
Keywords: salad gluten-free soy-free sugar-free vegetarian vegan tomatoes avocado arugula
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 4 ounces / 112 grams small tomatoes OR cherry tomatoes
- 1 ounce / 28 grams arugula (rocket), clean weight
- 1 tablespoon minced red spring onion OR shallot
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon / 15 ml lime juice, or to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon / 7.5 ml extra-virgin olive oil, optional
Half and slice the tomatoes. If using cherry tomatoes, half or quarter them, depending on their size. Place the tomatoes in a bowl.
Chop the arugula and add it to the bowl. Add the onion or shallot to the bowl.
Dice the avocado and add it to the bowl.
Sprinkle the salt and drizzle the lime juice on the salad, then toss it gently and thoroughly.
Taste and adjust the salt and/or lime juice, if needed. For a richer salad, sprinkle the olive oil. Toss again.