Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 22-24 minutes
Keywords: roast side gluten-free soy-free sugar-free vegetarian cauliflower parsley
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- A head of cauliflower, 1 1/2 lb. (680 g) or so (choose two, if they are small, maybe of different color)
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons drained pickled nasturtium seedpods, chopped (or capers)
- A clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (3/8 teaspoon, if you want it spicier)
- 3 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice or a mix of Meyer lemon and orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped lightly toasted pecans
- fine sea salt, to taste
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Cut cauliflower into florets and cut large florets in half. Peel stalk and slice into coins. Place florets, coins and tender cauliflower leaves in an oiled baking pan large enough to hold the florets in one layer. A mister allows you to oil the pan thoroughly and evenly. Spray with olive oil also the cauliflower.
Bake for 12 minutes.
In the meantime, prepare ingredients #3 through #7, place into a small bowl and stir.
Take the pan out of the oven, pour the prepared mixture over the cauliflower and stir. Distribute the pecans over the cauliflower. Return the pan to the oven and bake until the cauliflower is ready to your liking, another 10-12 minutes. Adjust salt, stir, transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.