I have the honor of being the host for the December 2013 edition of My Legume Love Affair (MLLA), the popular, legume-centered event that is the brainchild of Susan of The Well-Seasoned Cook and has been hosted by Lisa of Lisa's Kitchen since February 2013.
Participation in the event revolves around a recipe that showcases one or more legumes. The recipe can be savory or sweet but must be vegetarian. The legume (or legumes) must be one of the main ingredients, not a minor character. (Exceptions to this general rule are legumes whose flavor is so intense that they are used in small quantities, like tamarind and fenugreek.)
Example of legumes include (but are not limited to):
- fresh or dried beans of any kind
- chickpeas, ak.a., garbanzo beans (fresh or dried or their flour, a.k.a., besan)
- peas (fresh or dried or their pods)
- fava beans (fresh or dried)
- soy beans (fresh or dried, or their derivative products, like tofu)
- carob beans
- lupini beans
Not an exhaustive list, but it should give you a sense of the wide range of options. Note that in French the word légumes means vegetables, and also legumes. This event is about the second meaning.
Let's celebrate nourishing legumes!
You can submit a new post or a post from your archive reposted for the occasion. Only one post per blog, please. You can submit the recipe to other events as well. If you have a recipe to share, but not a blog where to post it, send the recipe and other applicable pieces of information to me and I will add it to the roundup. You will also be entered in the drawing.
The post must include a link to this announcement and also to Lisa's post containing the event's rules and host lineup. Remember to kindly send a nod to Susan, our beloved creator of MLLA. Use of the beautiful logo, designed by Susan, is optional.
To submit your post, please use the Inlinkz form at the end of this post. Important: the form asks you for the URL of the post, the name (title) of the post and your email. The latter won't be published, but it's there for me to contact you, if necessary.
Should you have any problems with the form, please send an email to simosite AT mac DOT com with MLLA entry in the subject and containing the following information:
- Your Name
- Name of Your Blog
- Title and URL of Your Recipe Post
- Photo of the dish or legume(s) featured in it: Optional (but helpful) and maximum 400 px wide
If you don't have a blog, you can submit your recipe by sending me an email as described above (except for #2 and #3, which do not apply) with the description of the recipe.
The deadline is Tuesday, December 31 at noon PST.
Feel free to contact me should you have any questions regarding the event and its rules.
The following prizes will be awarded to one winner via random drawing:
- A bamboo cooking utensil set. This prize is offered by Susan at her expense, and she will also absorb worldwide shipping charges. F.T.C. Notice: Susan does not receive any compensation from the bookseller or the publisher.
- Hurst Bean Box - A case of six bag assortment of products by the N.K. Hurst Company. (Due to shipping restrictions, this prize can only be awarded if the winner is a U.S. resident.) FTC Notice: In May 2010, Susan, at her request, received two Hurst Bean complimentary products which are not available for purchase in her local markets. Neither Susan nor Lisa do generally accept free products from N.K. Hurst Company nor are they financially compensated by them.
- Drawing Structure - If the winner is a U.S. resident, she/he will be the recipient of both Prizes described above. In the event that an international winner is drawn, a second drawing will be conducted from the U.S. pool of entrants to ensure that the Hurst Prize is awarded every month. In these instances, the international winner will receive the book, and the U.S. winner will receive the Hurst Prize.
What a great idea!
Posted by: Adri | December 02, 2013 at 06:57 AM
Glad you like it, Adri. It is a fun event.
Posted by: Simona Carini | December 06, 2013 at 07:31 AM
Hi Simona, I just submitted through your link button, hope you got it!
Posted by: Sra | December 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Thank you so much, Sra. I have received your submission.
Posted by: Simona Carini | December 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM