Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 13-15 minutes (including time to toast the pine nuts)
Keywords: stir-fry side gluten-free low-carb snap peas spring onion pancetta pine nuts Italian spring
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 9 ounces / 250 g sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon / 15 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 ounce / 15 g pancetta, diced small (from a thick slice)
- 2 ounces / 55 g red spring onion, diced small
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Herb Sesame spice blend (sesame seed, garlic, onion, basil, parsley, oregano. paprika, thyme, dill, white pepper, cayenne pepper)
Trim the top of the sugar snap peas, pull the string on the concave side of the pods, then split them open along the seam with the tip of a blade.
Toast the pine nuts in dry skillet for 2-3 minutes, paying close attention so they don't burn. Set them aside. Have all the other ingredients ready.
Warm up a wok. Add the oil and swirl it around to coat. Add the pancetta and let if fry gently for 2 minutes. Add the onion, stir and let it fry gently for 2 minutes. Repeat with the garlic for 1 minute. Turn up the heat and add the sugar snap peas. Stir well. Cook for 5-7 minutes (depending on the size, freshness of the vegetable and personal taste), stirring often. Adjust the heat level so the peas sizzle gently.
When the snap peas are ready, adjust the salt, sprinkle the spice mix and pine nuts, stir well and take off the heat. Serve immediately.