This is to let my readers know that the problem described below has been resolved, thanks mostly to the help of
- TypePad Support staff, who suggested I contact the offending site's host
- The company handling the advertisement that was popping up on the fraudulent site, who immediately followed up on my requesto to investigate.
Needless to say, this episode caused me a good amount of stress. Why would anybody plan to attack my blog in such a way is really beyond my comprehension. Shame is the only suitable reward of such behavior.
The root URL of the page you are reading is most probably
That's as it should be.
If, however, the URL reads abcc1.com/briciole-food-blog
then, your browser is on a site that fraudulently displays briciole's content inside an iframe. The page will turn gray and an unauthorized ad will be displayed.1
Neither your browser nor your RSS feed reader are endangered by this.
There is no need to unsubscribe from briciole's feed.
To go to the real briciole, close the ad window by clicking on the X (top right corner), then:
- control-click OR command-click on this link to open a new browser tab with briciole home page, OR
- control-click OR command-click on any hyperlink on the page you are in to open the linked page on a new browser tab, OR
- type www.pulcetta.com on your browser
Thank you for your patience while I am working to stamp out the fraud.
1 I do not in any way endorse the product advertised. I don't know for sure whether there is a relationship between the fraudulent site and the product, but my message to the site of the product was never answered, so I suspect there is.